McAfee is a big brand when it comes to antivirus programs. Their products are unrivaled in the market as they painstakingly constantly innovate and come up with the newest technology to counter and tackle the online threats that circulate the web. Their antivirus units have been in demand by numerous firms who need a reliable fix for safeguarding their systems while browsing. Not only that, private users also use www.mcafee.com/activate to shiels their computers from virus attacks. However, some instances include where users encounter errors such as the code x5485 when operating mcafee.com/activate, which can be resolved quickly by following the directions given below.
Running The Tool Of Preinstall
- This error can be fixed by running the preinstall tool, which can be downloaded from the official website. Once you download the tool, you can go to the directory named downloads where the file I located and double-click on it to start the installation.
- The installation wizard will pop up on your screen upon double-clicking, and then you can continue further by going through the steps guided by the wizard. When installed, launch the tool. It will automatically detect issues related to the antivirus program. If this doesn’t resolve the problem, then you can go for the next method.
Verifying The Registry Base For The Old Key
- You will need to check for an irrelevant entry in the registry base of your system. For this open the window of the command prompt, and then type the command named Regedit and then hit the enter key.
- Once the registry editor opens, you can locate for the key that is linked with the error code xx5485. You can delete this key as it is creating issues with the program and see if the error has been fixed.
Updating The System With Upgrades
- For ensuring that the system related errors are not responsible for this error, you can update your computer with fresh updates.
- If the computer stays outdated, there is a high risk for it to run into security issues and program malfunctions.
The error code x5485 linked with mcafee.com/activate can be rectified and resolved quickly by implementing the guidelines given above.
James Hopes a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding www.McAfee.com/activate and mcafee.com/activate how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.